5 ways to manage daily stress
Stress is a natural part of our life and in fact, very much needed. A little bit of stress is motivating, makes us work more efficiently, it can even boost our memory!
Unfortunately, the level of stress many of us face every day are far from healthy. In fact, stressing too much make many of us unwell - both physically and mentally.
Stressing too much for too long increase the risk of conditions like obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, depression, gastrointestinal problems and asthma.
Sounds awful... luckily with a mindful approach, we can become resistant to everyday stress.
5 simple, yet effective ways to deal with daily stress.
- Drink water
- Practice Yoga
- Make sleep a priority
- Plan ahead
- Make your home a sanctuary
Let's look closer at the points:
- Drink water. You probably didn’t expect this to be point no 1, right? Yet studies have shown that dehydration leads to higher cortisol levels—the stress hormone—making it harder to deal with everyday issues. By staying hydrated you will be better equipped to deal with everyday problems. Drink your water girl :)
- Practice yoga. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be flexible and you will not be expected to do splits in your first class:) Simple poses like child pose or supported butterfly will have calming influence on your body & mind.
- Make sleep a priority. If you happen to be in the vicious circle of anxiety and insomnia, try gentle bedtime yoga or breathing exercises to help you fall asleep.
- Plan ahead. Life is stressful enough, don’t count on your memory, but simply write down all the things on “to do” list. Prioritise tasks and don’t put too much on yourself.
- Make your home a sanctuary. Imagine leaving all work-related problems in your workplace (literally imagine locking them in the meeting room or desk drawer). Decorate your home with real plants, crystals (amethyst, rose quartz, black tourmaline) and of course non-toxic soy wax candles from YR Studio - a UK candle company.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Sign up to our newsletter to get notified about new blog posts and special offers.