White chocolate & cinnamon sugar cookies
Get ready for a taste of Autumn magic with this delightful recipe! We're bringing you sugar cookies with a twist – a sprinkle of cozy cinnamon sugar and a creamy white chocolate. It's like cuddling up with a warm blanket on a crisp fall day. These cookies are a breeze to make and will fill your home with the sweetest aromas. So, grab your ingredients and let's whip up some autumn joy together!
- 1 Cup (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 Cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams of white choclate
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 teaspoon of granulated sugar
1. In the bowl, using hand held or stand mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale yellow (at least 3 minutes)
2. Beat in almond extract and 1 egg.
3. Combine baking powder and salt with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients.
4 Keep on mixing until the dough will be pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out the dough onto a floured countertop surface and finish off kneading the dough by hand. Add more flour as needed
5. At this stage you can divide into workable batches (2-3 chunks) and put it into the fridge like I did in the video. When you are ready to bake the cookies, take the dough out of the fridge and leave in a room temperature for at least 2 hours to soften enough to be workable again.
6. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 / 375F
Roll out onto a floured surface, and cut desired shapes. fBake at Gas Mark 5 / 375F until the edges begin to brow (6-10 minutes).
7. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
8. Melt the white chocolate and dip each cookie to fully cover one side of it. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and let the chocolate harden.
Enjoy! Adriana x
Watch Adriana baking these cookies: