The Best Carrot Cake Ever
The most amazing carrot cake you've ever tasted. Our carrot cake recipe is super easy and incredibly delicious. It's got the perfect mix of moistness, spicy cinnamon and that natural carrot sweetness. And let's not forget the heavenly cream cheese frosting and the satisfying crunch of pecans.
- 260 grams all-purpose flour
- 300 grams grated peeled carrots
- 295 ml vegetable oil
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 190 grams light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 70 grams coarsely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or other)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 packet (280 grams) cream cheese (eg Philadelphia), full fat
- 120ml cold double (full fat) cream
- Powdered sugar to taste* (1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) coarsely chopped pecans to decorate the cake
1) Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until well mixed
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and eggs
3) Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix very well, ensuring all ingredient are combined.
4) Stir in grated carrots and nuts.
5) Divide batter between 2 greased and lined with baking paper cake pans.
6) Please into the pre-heated to 350 F / 180C / gas mark 4 oven. Bake until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, between 35 to 50 minutes.
7) Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer cake onto cooling racks until and allow to cool completely.
8) While cake is cooling prepare cream. Beat the cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
9) Pour in the whipping cream and add powdered sugar, Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the frosting is thick. Chill covered until ready to frost the cake.
10) When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, and place the second cake layer on top.
11) Add the remaining frosting to the top of the carrot cake. Leave the sides of the cake unfrosted. Decorate the frosted top with nuts.
*Powdered sugar in the frosting* - Since the cake itself is on the sweet side, I prefer to keep the frosting more like a creamy texture without overloading it with sugar. This helps balance the overall taste. If you prefer a sweeter taste, feel free to add more sugar.
Happy baking, Adriana x