Delicious & easy Pumpkin Risotto
Welcome to a taste of autumn: Pumpkin Risotto. This recipe brings together pumpkin and rice in a creamy, comforting dish that captures the essence of the season. This is one of Adriana's go-to comforting meals. It's quick, easy to cook, and simply delicious. Enjoy!
- 200g pancetta cubed
- 240g arborio risotto rice
- sprigs of fresh thyme
- 100ml white wine
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 200g parmesan grated
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- black pepper
- Add the pancetta to a heavy-bottomed pot in an even layer over low heat. The fat will start to release. Continue to cook until desired crispiness, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, add the stock in a pan over medium-low heat until barely simmering. Whisk in the pumpkin puree. Keep the liquid warm over low heat. When the pancetta is ready transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add the sprigs of thyme and stir in the arborio rice, allowing it to toast for a minute.
- Add the white wine and stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Slowly add the heated stock into the pot (about 100ml at a time) stirring after each addition until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue until you’ve added all of the liquid. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove the thyme. Stir in the butter, honey, and 140g of the parmesan. Serve the risotto once the butter and parmesan have melted. Garnish with the crispy bacon, remaining parmesan and black pepper.