Prawns in garlic and chilli butter sauce
Prawns in garlic and chilli butter sauce is one of our favourite dishes that we have enjoyed over the years. I love serving it with avocado salad and the freshest bread I can get at the bakery on the day.
The combination of tender prawns with the aromatic garlic and the kick of chilli creates a harmonious and delicious taste, not to mention prawns are an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- 250 g prawns - cooked and peeled
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 50 g butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Coriander to garnish
- Slice your garlic cloves and chilli
- Add oil to your pan on medium low heat then add your garlic and chilli. Fry until garlic is golden crispy, try not to burn it, then remove both garlic and chilli from the pan and set aside.
- Set the heat on medium and add your prawns. Cook for 1-2 minutes to remove excess water if needed.
- Add butter. When fully melted add paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the garlic, chilli and lemon juice.
- Plate, salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with coriander.
Watch the vlog to see Andrei cooking this recipe