Easy Pumpkin Chilli Recipe
Cosy, hearty and satisfying chilli is a perfect Autumn and Winter meal. This delicious and easy-to-make Chili Recipe is a crowd-pleaser. Packed with flavourful ingredients like beef or turkey, kidney beans, and a blend of spices, this chili is a perfect comfort food option for any occasion. Follow this step-by-step instructions to whip up this savory dish that pairs perfectly with a variety of sides. Enjoy a bowl of homemade chili that will warm your stomach and heart :)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams of beef or turkey mince
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 fresh peppers
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Mince the 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add the minced garlic and olive oil to a large pot and fry for a couple of minutes, continuously stirring (do not let the garlic burn).
- Add the 500 grams of beef/turkey mince and continue to cook until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Drain a can of kidney beans and a can of black beans, and add them to the pot.
- Chop the 2 peppers and add them to the pot.
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes (with juices), pumpkin purée, 5 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and salt to the pot. Mix everything well to combine, and then add 2 cups of water. Mix again.
- Simmer the chili for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste the chili and add salt if needed.
This chili recipe pairs well with various sides, including chips, rice, bread, or pearl barley. I also serve it with garlic yogurt sauce and a green salad.