Easy & delicious pizza
- 400g plain flour,
- 7g fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225 ml warm water
- tomato concentrate
- dried oregano
Pizza toppings of your choice, I used:
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced
- Pepperoni slices (150 gr)
- Mozzarella (250 gr)
- Preheat your oven at max temperature.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and caster sugar. Mix them together evenly.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the olive oil and warm water. Begin mixing with a spoon or your hands until a dough starts to form.
Transfer the dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. This process helps develop the gluten in the flour, giving the dough its characteristic texture.
Cut the dough in half, shape 2 balls and leave them to rest under the upturned bowl while you prepare your pizza sauce and toppings.
- To make the pizza sauce simply mix 4 tablespoons of tomato concentrate with enough water to get the right consistency. Spice it up with salt, pepper and dried oregano
- Roll out one ball at a time using the kitchen pin, try your best to keep the circular shape. Stretch and press the pizza dough until it is about 30 cm diameter. Transfer the dough onto a sheet of baking paper or pizza baking tray.
- Top the pizza with sauce and add your toppings. Start with pepperoni, then mozzarella and any vegetables come last (this will allow water to evaporate while cooking and the pizza won't get soggy).
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the base is crispy and cheese melted. Remove form the oven and let it slightly cool before serving.
For an effortless Summertime meal serve with a green leafy salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy, Adriana x