This is Adriana's go to salad. The sweet gem lettuce, together with the juicy cherry tomatoes and radishes provides a crisp texture, while the tangy lime juice and fragrant coriander give a zesty and herbaceous note to the salad. Spring onions and chilli peppers complement each other, with the sweetness and mildness of the spring onion balancing out the spiciness of the chilli.
To bring all these flavours together, the salad is drizzled with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, which not only adds a delicious taste but also healthy fats.
- 1 large avocado diced
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 gr radishes quartered
- 1 fresh red chilli pepper sliced (I also de-seed it)
- chopped spring onion (I use only half of the green part)
- pack of 2 sweet gem lettuce halved lengthwise then chopped (remove the core)
- juice of 1-2 limes
- handful of roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add the avocado, tomatoes and radishes to your salad bowl. Salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Add the chilli, lettuce, spring onion, coriander, juice of 1 lime and 2 tbsp of oil. Toss your salad, taste and adjust with more lime juice and oil.
Watch the vlog to see Andrei cooking this recipe